On March 29, 2019, the release date of the movie "Highwayers" is set with actors Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson in the lead roles: a movie trailer is already available for viewing in Russian. The film premiere has a rating rating of 98% (English-speaking users have already been able to rate the film - the rating on the IMDb website is 7.8).
The debut of the thriller is scheduled for March 29, 2019 on Netflix.
Genre: detective, thriller, crime, drama
Producer: John Lee Hancock
World Release: March 29, 2019
Netflix Release Date: March 29, 2019
Cast: Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson, Kim Dickens, Emily Brobst, Katie Bates, John Carroll Lynch, W. Earl Brown, Thomas Mann, Jane McNeill and others.
How did the cops catch the famous American robbers Bonnie and Clyde?
The criminals made a headline. Law enforcement officers made a story. This film tells us a unique story of the legendary detectives who caught (and killed) Bonnie and Clyde. When all the forces of the FBI and the latest forensic technology do not help in catching the country's most famous criminals, two former Texas rangers must rely on their experience, instincts and old school skills to do their job ...
Director and crew
On February 12, 2018, Netflix announced that the film was officially launched. The director's place of the project took John Lee Hancock, who worked on projects such as: The Invisible Side (2009), Save The Banks (2013), Founder (2016). John Fuscoknown for films and series: "Crossroads" (1986), Spirit: The Soul of the Prairies (2002), "Lord of Legends" (2003), "Marco Polo" (2014-2016). The composer was Thomas Newman, a multiple Oscar nominee (Shawshank Redemption (1994), The Green Mile (1999), Wally (2008), Castle Rock (since 2018).
Among the producers it is worth noting:
- Casey Silver (“Mosaic”);
- Michael J. Malone ("Nice Guys");
- Matthew Reynolds.
John Lee Hancock, John Fusco, Casey Silver
The main shootings were held on February 12, 2018 in New Orleans, and ended on April 10 of the same year. The shooting was carried out in other places of the state: in Covington, Laplace, Baton Rouge (where it was necessary to block the streets for most of the day), Hammond. According to reports, the creators reproduced the killing of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow near the site of the actual event. To recreate this scene on an asphalt highway with two lanes, the crew planted trees along the lane and added dirt to cover the asphalt road.
In pursuit of Bonnie and Clyde in the 2019 film, the actors will accompany us:
- Kevin Costner as Frank Hammer (Dancing with the Wolves, Perfect World, Rescuer, Bodyguard);
- Woody Harrelson in the role of Manie Gault (“Seven Lives”, “A Real Detective”, “Three Billboards at the Ebbing Border”, “Old Men Can't Get Here”, “Illusion of Deception”);
- Kim Dickens as Gladys Hammer (House of Sand and Fog, Red, Invisible, Fear the Walking Dead);
- Emily Brobst as Bonnie Parker ("And Lost the Battle", "Vampire Hickey");
- Katie Bates as Miriam Ferguson (Titanic, American Horror Story, Misery, Midnight in Paris);
- John Carroll Lynch as Lee Simmons (Body Investigation, Carnival, Gothic);
- W. Earl Brown as Ivy Metwin (Deadwood, Big White Charge, Real Detective);
- Thomas Mann as Ted Hinton ("Witch Hunters", "Project X: Dorval");
- Jane McNeill as Emma Parker (The Walking Dead, Dallas Buyer Cube, Captives).
Did you know that:
- Initially, "The Highwaymen" (2019) was created as a collaboration between Robert Redford and Paul Newman, but due to the death of Newman in 2008, Redford left the project;
- In 1994, Woody Harrelson became a celebrity when Juliette Lewis played with him in the updated version of Bonnie and Clyde - they played the role of serial killers Mickey and Mallory in the film Natural Born Killers, although in the film Greetings he gained fame and fame, thanks to which he became one of the leading stars of Hollywood;
- Woody Harrelson and Kevin Costner were supposed to play in the film directed by Joel Schumacher based on the novel by John Grisham "Time to" (1995). However, Grisham refused Harrelson's candidacy after a dispute arose over his previous film, Natural Born Killers, while Schumacher decided to abandon Costner, who reportedly required full control of the project.
The film with the release date in 2019 "Highway Robbers" with famous actors will tell about the pursuit of the greatest robbers, the trailer of which is already available for viewing. Incredibly talented and charismatic actors (Woody Harrelson and Kevin Costner) will show the audience an excellent acting game that will make the good storyline of the movie even more interesting.